As this is a resubmission, all posts dated before October 2010 refer to the original submission. Substantial additional research and re-filming has been done since then!
All post titles finishing with UPDATED have been updated as well as the last 6 posts which is the evaluation

Tuesday 26 January 2010

My Sweded Film



This is my put together sweded version of hot rod.
Good Points
- I was very happy about the opening when the character is putting on his gear (One of my comments on the video which i uploaded on facebook said this point aswell)
- The song fits to the first half
- The crash works very well and the part when rod is sick works quite well too.

Bad points
- Some of the sound after it was exported has shifted so a few parts of the movie dont fit in with the sound.
- Some of the acting isnt that good
- The lighting is very bad
- The setting in my film dosent resemble my setting which isnt good.



I wanted the lighting and the background to be more like this but due to timing and location i was restricted.

Improvements.

- I would of filmed at a better time and not as been as rushed.
- Filmed more outtakes so i could get better clips
- Spent more time on editing in some parts
- Used a better location and would of liked to of done a much longer swede.

What i learned from filming and editing

- Using the tripod is needed to take steady shots but using the tripod can be annoying after a while
- Imovie is very simple to use but is quite limited
- Dont forget to export the film as a certain thing (e.g web/cdrom)
- The cameras dont have a very long battery so dont leave the camera on.


If this was my main coursework piece i would of spent alot more time on the filming then i did and done it many times to get very good results. Spent more time researching and planning where i will film as well. Possibly used better equipment.

From this task i have learned a few valuable lessons.
- Dont leave the camera on between filming.
- Dont film when its almost dark.
- Make sure my actors can act.
- Plan my time out alot more.
- Make sure i dont use copyrighted material (facebook declined me uploading the video under the copyright law)

As you can see from the below feedback, it is fairly positive and unfortunatly they isnt any negative feedback to tell me what i need to improve on.

2 comments:

  1. Good post! Found the swede absolutely bewildering...until I watched the movie: good work the both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. was just looking at this again - change your blog template to a wider format so you don't get this cropping of YouTube videos or embedded scribd docs

    ReplyDelete