As this is a resubmission, all posts dated before October 2010 refer to the original submission. Substantial additional research and re-filming has been done since then!
All post titles finishing with UPDATED have been updated as well as the last 6 posts which is the evaluation

Monday 3 January 2011

Evaluation - How did you attract/address your audience? Add video

I have attracted my audience by creating my production in a way that would appeal to a younger audience (15-25 which are predominantly the main age groups who are cinemagoers.) By using fast paced editing, teenage cast, references to teenage culture I have been able to draw in and address my selected audience.


The fast paced editing keeps the younger audiences interested, if a youth audience watched a film such as Alfred Hitchcock's Rope in which the shot takes last up to 10minutes long, they would get bored due to the slow paced editing and long takes. In my film the shot takes last on average around 3 seconds long each, This keeps the audience intrested. The narrative of my production will appeal to my audience very well as it is addressing issues that are relevant to themselves and that they can relate too such as teenage relationships and school. As well as a teenage cast this will continue to be relevant to the audience. If an older cast played the part of teenagers it wouldn’t fit and the target audience would go up.
Teenage Relationships
Lastly the music used is well known in teenage culture at the moment which also continues to be relevant to a teenage market. Also the narrative in my opening keeps the audience interested because of the narrative enigma that is created in my movie opening.

The video below shows different ways i attracted and addressed my audience by annotated my final cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment