As this is a resubmission, all posts dated before October 2010 refer to the original submission. Substantial additional research and re-filming has been done since then!
All post titles finishing with UPDATED have been updated as well as the last 6 posts which is the evaluation

Monday 3 January 2011

Evaluation - What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

During the course of constructing my media product i have used a lot of different technologies to engage with the 3 parts of film making.
  1. Pre production
  2. Production
  3. Post production
The main one being IMovie, this editing program has given me the ability to edit my footage in hundreds of different ways to create what is now my opening. IMovie has the option to import movie files and cut them up, add sound remove sound, add effects, add transitions and titles and export these movies as different files. By using this piece of computer technology I have been able to polish my opening. I then used a program called iDVD; this gave me the option to add a menu to my film and burn the film onto a disk.



This video is a small video I put together to show how i added sound to my production titles using the program IMovie.


Another one of the main technologies I used is a web based program called Blogger. This program enables me to neatly present all my coursework by uploading and embedding videos, pictures, audio and text. It was a handy program because I could access it anywhere with an internet connection so they were no problems with leaving my work at home. Using blogger i also managed to create two promotional blogs, one to create hype for my movie and another as a promotional blog for my main promotional blog.

They are a few other website based technologies that I used during the course of my coursework task. Two of them were very small but extremely helpful. Scribd.com and Divshare.com. Both of these technologies have enabled me to upload important pieces of work. In scribd.com case it is documents such as my screenplay. And in divshares case it is audio files. These programs have given me the option to upload files and embed them into blogger.

  
The last piece of computer technology that I am going to talk about that I used a lot in my coursework task is Youtube.com


This huge new media web program enables millions of people around the world to upload videos and watch other people’s videos and comment on them. I used YouTube to upload all my videos (30 of them) so that other people could watch them and comment on them and leave me feedback. I made a profile and channel which would house all my videos. I have them embedded my videos into blogger to show them on here.


 




      YouTube is also a good program to show behind the scene videos from my media product, to create hype and get my audience interested. Below is one of the behind the scene videos I created and put on YouTube to create hype and interest.

      Not all of the technologies that I learnt to use during the coursework task were software based; two of biggest pieces of equipment that I learnt to use were the Video cameras and Audio recorders that we used.


      Canon MV920 Digital Camcorder (The link leads to a review of the product) - this camcorder was used to film my footage, the footage was then put onto IMovie. The camcorders were very easy to use and set up, they also led me to learn about another piece of technology that we had to use which is going out of date at the moment. And that is Dv tapes.

       

      
      A DV tape
      
      The last piece of technology that I learnt to use for my coursework was the audio recorder. This could of been used to make podcasts, voice over’s and record music. I used it to record my own version of my soundtrack as well as multiple pod casts and some noises such as my shower turning on and off. (Though I didn’t use it in the end.)


      This is one of the podcasts I made using a voice recorder. Though I put the audio file onto movie maker and exported it as a video so I could upload to YouTube.


      Overall I found that all these technologies were invaluable to my coursework task in producing my final cut and in making my blog posts attractive and full of videos and audio. I found that practically YouTube was a great help in showcasing my work to the masses and also I found that without the fact that IMovie was so simple, I would be nowhere.

      Below is a vodcast i created during the production of my opening, in the podcast i talked about the different pieces of equipment i used and in it i talked about some equipment i used in my second submission of the film opening.

      No comments:

      Post a Comment