As this is a resubmission, all posts dated before October 2010 refer to the original submission. Substantial additional research and re-filming has been done since then!
All post titles finishing with UPDATED have been updated as well as the last 6 posts which is the evaluation

Sunday 21 March 2010

Soundtrack UPDATED

  For my film opening i need to have a soundtrack, From my research into the codes and conventions of romantic comedies film openings i noticed a few common conventions . Firstly most of the rom coms started with a real song playing, usually a well known love song as well.

    I brainstormed a few ideas of what to do for my soundtrack and i came up with two ideas,

1.  I could use a non copyrighted music website to find a backing track that i could use on my opening, this would be easy to do but it wouldn't involve singing, and to really make my opening fit into the genre i wanted a up beat song with singing.

freeplaymusic Is an example of one of these non copyrighted music websites, You can choose your style and music genre and you can search through database to find the right song, usually these are made by people and added.

This is a track i found that i quite like and if i had to, i would use it. Its called Busy Doing Nothing




2. My second idea and the idea i want to follow is that i will record my own version of a love song, (I 
won't personally as i can't sing or playing any instruments). I know someone who's amazing at singing and my brother is very good on the acoustic guitar. I will record it by recording my brother on the 
guitar using a portable sound recorder and then i will pass it on and record the singer.
They are a few songs that i considered to re record and these are,


Better Together - Jack Johnson 
Brain Bits on my tie - Manchester Orchestra 
Time of your life - Green day  

I then decided on the right song i will re record.

Do you remember - Jack Johnson 




I am getting my old brother james to play the song on the guitar which is embedded below.



Then i am getting my friend catherine whitehead to sing the song. (below)





This is a brief video showing my brother practising to play the song





Using a music editing free piece of software called Audacity.




I placed the two tracks together, did a few tweeks such as increased the volume, cut out bit to make them fit together and changed the pitch. Lastly i exported the song as a mp3 file.

Here are a few screen shots of me working on the track.


This is the final version of the song, if they is any problems i will go back to it and edit it.






During the winter submission of my project i had to edit the track a little bit more to fit into my opening.




No comments:

Post a Comment