As this is a resubmission, all posts dated before October 2010 refer to the original submission. Substantial additional research and re-filming has been done since then!
All post titles finishing with UPDATED have been updated as well as the last 6 posts which is the evaluation

Sunday 18 April 2010

Distributor / Budget / Exhibition and casting and crew

My first ideas for the production company and distribution company were Limited edition productions and Rewind pictures distribution. A search on IMDB.com didn't bring up any companies with those names so i was free to go ahead.  The results for rewind pictures  and limited edition productions. I choose limited edition because i like the idea that my film company was very limited as it would only be around for a little while. The rewind pictures distribution i thought was good because it links in with the whole rewinding a tape or video idea.
       If my film made it into the market i would most likely use such distribution companies as United international pictures as this is a great company for distributing around europe and asia Paramount to get around the UK and USA.
      One way of distribution that i am going to use with my film is with different types of mass medias, this being Facebook and youtube. by using these websites i can show trailers and behind the scenes footage including podcasts and vodcasts to the masses to get them excited for my film. I made a youtube channel,

I am uploading all the different video that are too do with my film, i have recieved a fair few play counts in the small time i have had my videos up as well as some pleasing comments. Another use of mass media is facebook where i am embedding my videos from youtube to show people on thier, the views all transfer onto youtube. Lastly Blogger, blogger is used to gain hype about my film.

       The budget of my movie was around 10pounds. This covered the cost of a DV tape, and traveling costs to the locations. I didn't have to pay for any of the props or access of the locations as i had it all to begin with or created it with no costs. If i made my movie into a feature length movie i can imagine it only costing a hundred pounds or so, this is because its set around a high school with teenage actors who are just acting for the fun of it. So i won't need to create my own sets or locations. Also my film doesnt invole hugh explosions or special effects that cost alot. I didn't even use a well known cast which isn't the norm for a rom com.
   This is a very small budget for a indie rom com, As french indie rom com Amelie 2001 had a budget off 11,400,000 million euros. Which is a lot while another indie rom com Paper Heart 2009 had a budget of $220,000








Exhibition 


My opening is going to be exhibited using a few programs and methods, the main one being on Dvd, by burning my opening onto a dvd while putting on a dvd menu as well it will be exhibited by this.
As well as by Facebook, Youtube and blogger.
















Casting and crew

Edwin - Edwin heavisides
Anna - Anna Kadja
Jock - Alex Moreman

Crew
Director - callum moreman
Assistant director - Jonny Bailey (helped me with some filming
Music - James Moreman + Catherine whitehead

No comments:

Post a Comment