As this is a resubmission, all posts dated before October 2010 refer to the original submission. Substantial additional research and re-filming has been done since then!
All post titles finishing with UPDATED have been updated as well as the last 6 posts which is the evaluation

Sunday 18 April 2010

Titles

    The titles are one of the main point of my movie opening (hence why i thought they deserved thier own post).  As i can be as creative as i like.
    They are two types of titles i can use, diegetic and non diegetic. Diegetic is when the title is in the movie for instance scribbled on a piece of paper that flys past the camera. Non diegetic is when it is the title is edited into the movie.
    I want to include as many diegetic titles in my movie because they suit rom coms and it makes my opening more intresting.
I wrote a list of different things i could use to put a title on (some of these suggestions are not mine as i asked for ideas).
Pillow/ On a bed/ Window/ Alarm clock screen/ Phone/ Laptop/ Mirror/ Shampoo products/ cerial box/ fridge/ wall/ car/ clouds/ pavements/ sign post/ floor/ clothes/ poster in room/ speech bubbles (Edited on)/ bed/ in fridge/ tv/ cupboard/ dog?/ Something knocked over/ washing machine/ steamed up window/ computer screen.

I also found a website that gave me some very good ideas for my titles, the website is called The Art of the Title

I found this film opening that is also a rom com which gave me many ideas. Its from the film Napoleon Dynamite 2004



So far these are the ideas for my titles

On characters teeshirt - directed by callum moreman
On a found piece of paper - produced by jacob bollen
On fridge - written by joel lingard
Ipod - Staring edwin heavisides
Bus card- and Anna kadja.
Film name - Though bubble

I did some film footage testing to see how well a camera would pick up small text.



As you can see it works very well

These are my final titles put together with a little commentry

No comments:

Post a Comment