As this is a resubmission, all posts dated before October 2010 refer to the original submission. Substantial additional research and re-filming has been done since then!
All post titles finishing with UPDATED have been updated as well as the last 6 posts which is the evaluation

Sunday 25 April 2010

Film Title

Naming my film was one of the more tricky creative processes for my movie.

  I looked through other examples of movies names that contain similar plot lines as mine but thier film name is usually relating to the second sub plot of the movie.
E.g. Youth in revolt is referencing to the male leading character revolting.

I then look at other general rom com names and they are very varied, they are examples where its just the name of the male character Napoleon Dynamite.  And a lot of rom com film names are referencing to what the films about. The break up is a example of this.



Me and a friend brainstormed a few names.

  • The equation of love < the idea came from the idea of the geek trying to think of the perfect equation of finding love. I ditched this idea because i personally found it really chessy and bad.
  • I just want to be friends < I thought this was a good idea as it suits the whole teenage romance idea, though it basically is saying that the geek and girl are friends. but in my film i want her to not even know who he is.

I finally came up with the idea i am using, Not a chance, It is basically a reference to the fact that the geek doesnt believe he has a chance in hell with the girl he likes. I did a quick search on IMDB to see if they was a film with the same name. The results of the search brought up no match.

No comments:

Post a Comment