As this is a resubmission, all posts dated before October 2010 refer to the original submission. Substantial additional research and re-filming has been done since then!
All post titles finishing with UPDATED have been updated as well as the last 6 posts which is the evaluation

Sunday 18 April 2010

The Equipment and software

During this coursework task we use a variety of pieces of equipment and software.

Equipment

Canon MV920 Digital camcorder. - Widescreen Video Capture - 800 Kpix - optical zoom: 25 x - Mini DV - microphone and for playback it has a headphone jack- It has a lithium ion rechargeable battery charged with a power adaptor.
has many features (talked about in a previous post) 
This piece of equipment gave me the oppurtunity to film my film opening, by using the dv tapes and the many functions on the camera i could film all my different shots and use the camera to get a big degree of variation.


DV tapes - These tapes are used with the camera above.
The DV tapes also gave me the chance to store the footage i took with the camera, this tape let me store 60minutes worth of footage and then swap the tape from camera to camera and keep my work together.



Tripods - We have tripods to use that help with the filming.
The tripods aided me with my filming, it helped to keep my opening professional and kept my camera shots steady. Without it all my shots would of been very shaky and in the final cut would of looks quite bad.
Software

Imovie06 
Imovie06 was used to edit footage that we had filmed. It gave us the option to cut up clips, and put them together, add music and titles and transations and other effects. 
It is a pretty easy to use peice of software that has all the fuctions needed for my task.
(for more information look at my post on Imovie)




www.blogger.com - This internet site is used to upload and showcast my work.
Blogger gave me the oppurtunity to smartly upload all my work, while adding links/pictures/ video clips.
Blogger has given me lots of options to improve my work with the ability to insert links, edit my posts by changing fonts/colours and font sizes. Aswell as adding photos from my folders or from the internet.
Scribd.com and Divshare.com  - Both these websites are used to upload and post my files and works.
 Both these websites give me the oppurtunity to upload my files and audio files and them embed them onto my blog, this means that i can show my work on my blog without turning it all into either movie files or jpeg files.
 

 

1 comment:

  1. Don't go OTT, but, maybe with the distant a2 exam in mind, try to note some detail of how you've used these, and what tools; what they enabled you to do that a student a decade ago couldn't have done

    ReplyDelete